Thursday, February 2, 2012

Make an excuse Thursday

--+Next 10 blocks. by VioEleven11
Next 10 blocks., a photo by VioEleven11 on Flickr.
Ugh. Shopping for fabric and taking a picture is all I've managed to do this week. I had a fun weekend full of girlfriends and wine, but not much on the quilting front. Side note: I bought 5 block pairings that's I'm pretty happy with. My LQS has having a moving sale so i couldn't only have them cut fat quarters, so I had to get a half yard of each. :o( Not too bad since I can just swap my prints and solids for colors 1 and 2, but it kind of messes with my original idea of not repeating fabrics. I'm happy with each color combination, I just don't know that they'll be very cohesive once they're all together. I only need one more block pair and I'll have all 16 for my King Swoon. Back to our regularly scheduled program: Oh, I also marked my Swoon squares and pinned them together. So I did 2 things. BUT I have not dusted off the sewing machine all week. Time to make an excuse!

My husband has been out of work since July. It sucks. I've gotten used to him being home when I came home and that's all done for the next 8 months. He's gone back to school! Good news, of course, but sucky for me! No more pampering, leading the "good life" coming home to my husband who's a great father and has definitely done more than his share of housework lately. His class is from 6 to 10 pm, which of course is prime bed time for my reluctant 3 and 5 year olds. Boo! I took him for granted and forgot how hard it is to be by myself with my children. Weird, isn't it?

Excuse number two: full work week! Overtime! Stinkin' work. I had my first 5 day work week last week after Christmas and all that, but the combination of excuse 1 and excuse 2 sucks. Lucky my kids have gotten home cooked meals so far. I can't promise anything for tomorrow, though. :o)

Excuse #3 is my book club's fault. We finally met this last weekend to discuss our last book. I finished Moloka'i over the New Year weekend, and I didn't want to start the next one before meeting for fear of both stories mushing up in my brain. Mind you 1898 Hawaii and 1942 France have nothing in common, but that's why it's called excuses, right? :o) Sarah's Key is actually a pretty fast read and because it is, it just makes me want to read it even more! I should be done soon, so there's hope for this week yet!

I have two blocks cut, marked and pinned so even if I manage to not get any Swooning finished this week, I think a two-for-one could put me back in the game. I do love seeing what everybody is coming up with on the Swoon -Along flickr page.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment