Saturday, January 28, 2012

Swoon 3

Swoon 3 by VioEleven11
Swoon 3, a photo by VioEleven11 on Flickr.
I spent way too much time thinking about this fabric and where it all needed to go. I'm really happy that it came out so well, but I think I'll stay away from directional fabric for now. That being said, I have a date with my best friend this weekend and she just happens to live next to the quilt shop where I've been getting all my lovely Asian print fabrics. We'll see how long I can stay away from directionals. :o) I want to have lots of color in the quilt, but it's kind of hard. I think I already have enough off-white, I now have two blocks that will have blue and green (different shades), so I guess I'll have to start venturing out to orange, maybe even yellow.  We'll see when I get to the store. These first 3 blocks are kind of muted. Not bad, but that's not how I want my whole quilt to look like. I have two solids that are crazy bright for Swoon 4 and 5.

I was a little late with finishing the 3rd block this week. My first two were finished on Tuesday and Wedneday. I finished block 3 on Thursday. I'm doing well since it's supposed to be one per week. I know myself, though, and I know that if I stop it's really hard to get my motivation back up and running. I have the fabric for my next two blocks already cut, so I'll probably work on them at the same time. I find that I usually do one night to make all my half square triangles and  flying geese, and another to put them all together. This last time, I think I cut a little bit of time off my construction by pinning both sides of a strip and then pressing. I also brought my squares out of my sewing area and took them to my daughter's ballet class. I was able to mark them all in the 30 mins I spent waiting for her class to be over. I almost have a routine! Yay me.

No comments:

Post a Comment